Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week nights and bad coming of age movies

Once again I'm watching unrealistic coming of age movies and fantasizing about the hot chick falling in love with the nerdy guy. I grew up on this stuff much like women did on Disney movies which creates an interesting dynamic. When you're 28 years old, single, and "ordinary", you're not much of a prince charming. Not that I wanna be. I like the journey life has taking be on.Life should not be a journey to the Pearly Gates with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally beaten up, worn out and screaming "...holy shit...what a ride!” Mine is full of bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, and the occasional life threatening knife to the heart. I have this rich past with hundreds of stories that so many have never heard. They're not grand adventures but they are mine and I like telling them. So...what's prince charming got on me? That's the question she'll have to answer. I'm just gonna be me.

1 comment:

  1. Sound advice dude. I think a ton about these things, about my imperfect "skin", but then I know people who have all of the requisite societal checkboxes checked.

    And lots of them are still unhappy. Makes me think that it's been a big, red herring all along. Our focusing on the accumulation of things, rather than the living of stories.

    ReplyDelete